1. How much have you loved? A lot more than I think I have but a lot less than I would like to have.
2. What do you love doing that you aren't doing? Drawing, designing creating and getting paid for it. I do most of the time, but not as well as I could or should.
3. What person or type of person would you choose as a life companion? Someone who is fun, driven, motivated, positive, strong, fearless (because I get into MANY shenanigans) and good.
4. Where do you want to live? In a European country that functions. No offense Italy, but the end is nigh, for realz.
5. What do you want to accomplish? I want to be agreat designer of women'swear, the kind that is maybe not so much appreciated in their lifetime as a genius right away, but the kind generations can read about and visit exhibits on in museums in the future. You said dream big, yo. And I want to be a good mother. And have a house by the sea - not a mansion, even a beach shack will do. Thazzit.
6. What do you want to be remembered by?
I want to be rembered as a great mother, awesome friend, great designer and creative force. That's it.
7. What kind of life would make you jealous? Jealous...I don't know so much jealous as 'man, I really need to get my ass in gear'. Basically young designers like Nicholas Ghesquire and Olivier Rousteing who at a very early age were tapped to lead great couture houses. Not in so much as fame, hanging with famous people and having your ass kissed by the fashion world as being able to wander all the lovely archives and see the AMAZEballs history of the houses and couture construction...and the lovely $$'s they make to be able to travel the world and see dope things.
8. What 5 adventures do you want to have? Five adventures I want to have - 1) be a mother. 2) Go to Bali and Indonesia and spend time just wandering, chilling and meditating. 3) go to Japan, but not Tokyo or a big city, the countryside and the temples and holy places. 4) Learn to fly a plane - that would be some pretty dope shit. 5) Be happy every day and remember that I am experiencing an adevnture every day, whether I conscious of it or not.
9. If you had to add something to humanity, what would your contribution be? My kindness and compassion for every other soul walking the planet.
10. What are your ghosts? Fear of failure, ability to hold a grudge,
11. What are your 5 favorite memories? The first time I saw my sister. Dancing with my dad, my feet on his feet because I was small and uncoordinated. Listening to music with friends in middle school. The first time I realized that I was slightly different from other people. My standing ovation at my college graduation and the look of pride on my mama's face.
12. Who do you love the most? What 10 people would you put on a lifeboat in case of a universal tsunami, asteroid or any other realistic end-of-the-world event? 1) My baby. 2) My sister. 3)
My mum. 4/5/6/7) My best friends, Sabrina, Enrico, Alessandra, Alessia. 8) Baby Daddy (kinda hafta). 9) My high school art history teacher, Mr. Bowden. 10) My granny.
13. What worries you the most? That my company will fail and that my child will be born with some kind of deformity or handicap.
14. What type of people inspire you and make you come alive? Happy people, inspired people, curious people, intelligent people, carefree and happy-go-lucky people and people always up for a crazy adventure and stories to tell.
15. What type of people bring you down and make you hate yourself? Negative, defeatist, mean people. You must not invest your love in people who don't want it and who use it to deplete you.
Love is the most elevated, beautiful transaction between two creatures. But it's still a transaction. You are responsible for your heart's investments.
16. Who are your mentors? My mother, Mr Bowden, myself, Barbara T and Rob V.
17. What is your cosmic elevator pitch? Slightly wild, creative person with big heart and lots of love to give seeks a constellation to go to the end of the universe with.
18. What issues can you help with? Killing animals by becoming a dedicated vegan and being a force of good and positivity in a world that isn't always conscious of it's light and positive power.
19. How can you express yourself creatively? By doing what I have always done.
20. How do you manage your time? I work on a 30min schedule. Divide my time into blocks of 30mins, make lists, accomplish tasks, feel better about my day. Simple.
21. If you were to lead the world today, what is your manifesto? Be kind. Do no Harm. Help the person next to you. Only speak kind words. THINK. Read. Dance and make dope music. Remeber that everyone has an opinion, experience and is going through their own battle and journey - respect and accept that.
22. What makes you come alive? Creating. Drawing, cutting, sewing, Pinning, whatever and wherever I can be creative and express myself.
23. What are your most painful memories? My paret s divorce and mean things I've said to people, especially my sister when she was a child (no Santa kinda scarred her for life and I feel terible about it).
Why do you eat the way you eat and the things you eat? Healthful food mostly fruits, vegetables, fish and soy products.
25. What ignites your brain? Images and sounds. I am a seriously overstimulated human being.
26. What physical exercise makes you sweat like you mean it and enjoy both the process and the feeling afterward? Sex and Pilates.
27. What does your body need in order to function at its best? Sleep, good nutrition and physical activity.
28. What feeds your spirit? Love, meditation, happy thoughts and chill time.
29. What are you proud of so far? I speak 5 languages, have 4 degrees, my own company, well travelled, cultured, a good person and am about to become a mother. Pretty damn good, if I say so myself.
Fast-forward to your epitaph. What does it say? HERE LIES BELLE, SHE CAME , SHE SAW, SHE KICKED ASS AND TOOK NAMES AND LOVED HER FAMILY VERY MUCH. Slainte!
Love, B xoxo